Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Shadowland: The Miller Affair

Burning Questions
The Cannibalistic media frenzy over Judy Miller ignores the lessons we should be learning from here case
By Christopher Dickey
Judith Miller takes good notes, but she doesn’t always know where they come from. That was one of the first lessons I learned about her when we were both based in Cairo 20 years ago, she for The New York Times and I for The Washington Post. As often happens in the field, we were competitors who spent a lot of time working with and against each other, in a friendly sort of way. And so it was that in August 1985 we wound up on the same trip to visit the front lines of a half-forgotten war in the Western Sahara. (Late summer in an African desert where the sun burns the rocks black: I remember Judy proudly volunteering the personal detail, “I don’t sweat. I never sweat.”) ...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9742110/site/newsweek/

No comments: